When cargo shipping lines upgrade their intermodal container fleet, which typically range in length from 20 feet to 45 feet, they off-hire or off-lease those containers with only certain sellers strategically located in a select few cities across North America. These dealers of shipper-owned containers also know as Container Depots or Container Yards, are 1st line sellers and have the first option to purchase them.
As a first level sellers of shipper-owned containers like GOContainers, we usually have containers in better conditions than 2nd level and 3rd level brokers commonly know as “the middleman”. The greater number of shipper-owned containers bought from the cargo shipping lines, the greater the price break to the shipper-owned container sellers like GOContainers.
GOContainers is one of just a handful of those volume buyers BUT we differ from all the rest because when we purchase containers at a discount, THE SAVINGS ARE PASSED ON TO OUR CUSTOMERS!
GOContainers can offer the lowest prices in America. We can do this because we have VERY LOW OVERHEAD obtained through 30 years of experience (since 1986) cutting our costs and focusing on VOLUME SALES RATHER THAN PROFIT PER SALE!
Other benefits of doing business with the GOContainers are:
- Our family has owned and operated business since 1986.
- Our prices simply cannot be beaten on like containers, comparing apples-to-apples
- Highest quality and condition
- We don’t ask for any money upfront…you pay when delivered (modification project are the exception)
- Physically pick the container you want (by appointment only due to volume)
- If you are unable to inspect containers in person, we have pictures on our website of our available containers in each of our locations
- Prompt and reliable delivery including 40’ tilt-bed/roll-off trailers, 20’ tilt-bed/roll-off wrecker as well as a flatbed trailer and chassis delivery which could mean DELIVERY COST SAVINGS to you.
- Custom Modifications & Installations (paint, turbines, lock boxes, doors, etc. (varies by location)
- An intermodal container (also container, freight container, ISO container, shipping container, hi-cube container, box, conex box and sea can) is a standardized reusable steel box used for the safe, efficient and secure storage and movement of materials and products within a global containerized intermodal freight transport system. “Intermodal” indicates that the container can be moved from one mode of transport to another from ship, to rail, to truck without unloading and reloading the contents of the container. Lengths of containers, which each has a unique ISO 6346 reporting mark, vary from 8 feet to 56 feet and heights from 8.0’ to 9’6”. There are approximately 17 million intermodal containers in the world of varying types to suit different cargoes.